Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Already?

Where did this year go? Why is time going so fast? I can't believe Christmas is in 5 days!! This year has been full of ups and downs, but we know that is how we learn.

Nate is doing GREAT in 7th grade. He loves his school, and really enjoys his advanced Math class, as well as the Gifted and Talented Program that he gets to attend. He is a member of the Scholar Bowl team at school, plays trombone in band, and sings with the Griffioen Junior Singers. He recently turned 13 yrs old, and got a Facebook account. He is a responsible kid who tries so hard to do everything right. When he isn't perfect, it's so hard on him. He takes his Priesthood responsibilities seriously, which is a rare thing in a teenager. He has had to be more responsible for his younger brother since I started working full-time. I sure appreciate him.

Marshall has had some struggles at school lately. It's hard to teach a child with Asperger's Syndrome what it means to be a friend. He does whatever the other boys in his class do, even when it's something that he knows he's not supposed to do. He can be the most loving, caring boy you've ever met. He had a 1st grade Winter Program at school last week, and he did GREAT! He knew all the words to the songs! He is doing GREAT academically too! He is well above average in reading and math, but just above average in writing. He is seriously so smart! He is excited for Christmas I think. It's hard to tell with him. He was very happy that it snowed last night. He put his boots on and tromped out the door with a smile on his face. Oh, I love that boy.

I'm working sort of full-time at Chick-Fil-A. They said they hired me full-time, yet I don't have very many hours today. I'm hoping to get more soon. I like working there. The people I work with are friendly and nice. The managers are nice too, so that helps. Plus, I get a $6 meal allowance every shift I work. YUM!

Brian just finished his 2nd Fall Semester at MWSU. He has to spend some of his month off between semesters prepping for next semester. Hopefully he can enjoy a few days off. He is also the Scoutmaster in our ward. He sure is busy!

No comments: