Sunday, June 6, 2010

52 Blessings Project, Week 2

I'm only on week two! I'd better get moving!

This week, I'm thankful for the mountains. I've been hiking twice this week, and I just love the view! Thursday I took the Webelos Scouts (Remember that part about saying NO? Apparently I forgot.) We did a 3-mile hike, with me carrying Marshall most of the way. The hike was beautiful, and we enjoyed cooling off at Bridal Veil Falls.

Here is Nate showing us the starting point for our hike. We walked 3.5 miles.
The highlight of this hike was the BEAUTIFUL Bridal Veil Falls. It was so beautiful!


Then, on Saturday we decided to be brave, and hike up to Squaw Peak.
It was difficult at times, especially for 5 year old Marshall, but he was a trooper. Brian carried him for part of the way, but he walked most of it.





The total distance was about 7 miles. The summit was BEAUTIFUL, and totally worth the hike. Here we are at the top.




Every time we got near the Provo River, Marshall wanted to touch the water. He loves water!!

3 comments:

Cindy Price said...

That view is gorgeous!! I'm sure it was worth it!! How fun to be outdoors and hiking.

Mom of 3 boys said...

I am impressed..wish I had your motivation....I am looking at gastric bypass surgery to help with my weight loss.....amazing view...looks like you had a great time...

Aprilyn said...

I read a book that really helped me stay motivated. It is called-
The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person by Judith S. Beck. I followed the steps in that book, and for the first time in my life, I've been successfully keeping the weight off. I've lost over 100 lbs and counting. I think you could do it too.