I've been thinking. Yes, I do that on occasion. I need a word. A word that describes the one thing I need to work on the most in my life. The problem is, there are too many things to choose from!
Prioritize would be a good one for me. So would the word
no, as in,
"No, I can't take on any more things right now," and "No, I can't do Webelos Den Meeting on top of being Cubmaster. " Focus would be great for me too, but sadly that one isn't happening much. I mostly feel like
survive about describes me. I don't know how I ever make it through my day with everything I have to do, but somehow I manage. So, although those are all good things to work on, I think the one I want to work on first is
create."To me it appears that our splendid sisters sometimes undervalue their abilities—they focus on what is lacking or imperfect rather than what has been accomplished and who they really are." -- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Click
here to watch a short video about my word. I can't figure out how to embed it on here in a way that you can actually see the whole screen.
4 comments:
one word is a hard thing to narrow it down to.
I am starting to HAVE to say NO. Because I cannot be everything to everyone anymore. I have to focus on my family and I feel perfectly at peace with that right now. Others may judge me, others may not have any clue all that I juggle..but I'm in charge of me and I have to do what I feel is right. (can you tell I'm having some PEOPLE issues at the moment?)
But I like CREATE. I think my word is going to be FOCUS. I will blog about this soon! :) thanks for the idea!
Rhonda, I kept thinking about focus. I need that one too. Focus on the most important things, learn to say no. Yeah, me too. I have a big problem with trying to do way too many things. It's overwhelming, and I feel myself starting to break down. I'm simplifying life a little at a time though. I finally asked for a release from Cub Scouts. I have had to do EVERYTHING for way too long, and I'm burned out!
Funny, I've had to ask to be released recently too. Only thing is they won't do it(yet anyway)! GAH! Nobody cares I'm breakin' down! lol
LOL, my word lately is MANAGE. I'm going overboard this month too! Your's has gone on forever, though. I don't blame you asking to be released. I probably would have done that long ago. I hope your new word will inspire you and you can find your way down that better (and more fun) path!
Post a Comment