I haven't posted much. There isn't much time for it lately. Brian went to Spain the week we got home from Naperville. Marshall was already out of control but when Brian left, it got worse. I don't have time to go into it all. Just a few highlights: Marshall got more violent with me and more obsessive with his favorite computer game. Nate did a great job at his Dance Festival for school (pictures are coming, I promise!!), and he got elected by his class as "Most Likely To Become President." That's my boy!! Also, we got the results back from Marshall's school testing. He will not be in Special Ed anymore. That means he doesn't get an IEP and we don't get to send him to Preschool anymore. He will either go to a tuition based preschool or Head Start. I haven't decided yet. I also have considered sending Nate back to the Charter School but I doubt I will. We only have a year left before Brian graduates and I don't think it would be a good idea to switch him again right now.
I'm having a hard time. This trial in my life is not an easy one. It's so frustrating to see my darling 4 yr old so out of control. I'm doing the very best I can! I search out things that might help him. I've spent lots of money on therapy stuff and books. He still goes to Occupational Therapy and has for over 2 yrs now. I want to cry when I see Marshall walking around shaking his hands (it's called stemming). This week a little boy who is 5, called Marshall a bad boy. I've had grown men laugh at Marshall for shaking his hands. It's so sad. I worry about his future. I wonder when he will no longer be able to "keep it together" at school. I'm doing all the research I can to help my child. Will it be enough? I'm just not sure.
This video was very good for me to see tonight. It is from a talk that Elder Quintin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gave at our recent General Conference.
5 comments:
Ohhh... what a good clip! I think that will help anyone feel better! Thank you for sharing that.
I can't believe how mean people are... I hate to hear you say that people laugh of Marshall. Oh... I wish people would be NICE! Wow. I'm sorry that you're having a hard time. Just remember Heavenly Father loves you. You're doing great and He will always always help you.
Aprilyn you don't have to take this burden on alone.Just give it to the Lord. He knows your heart and knows you are doing your best AND wants you to be happy. Don't let it overwhelm you and get the best of you. I will remember you in my prayers and pray that you can feel peace.
"...in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
You are always so good at finding just the right clips! I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with Marshall - and that Brian wasn't there to help. I'm sure it's overwhelming! I was wondering where you went because you are usually so good about posting. I hope things ease up soon and you can get back on track with where Marshall was. It seemed like he was doing so good! Good luck, Aprilyn! You are a really strong person and I know the Lord knows your trials and knows you. It will all be worth it in the end.
Things will work. You are a good Mom. :) The Lord knows you and hears your prayers...
hey girl. hope you are having a better day today. it's been a rough week for us too, so when i read your post i could relate. i have a few friends too who are having a rough time...i re-listened to monson's talk "be of good cheer" and it helped. i hope things are better. miss you and love you!
Post a Comment