Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Neglectful Blogger

I do enjoy blogging. I just haven't had much time lately. We've been really busy just hanging in there. Then, as if things weren't crazy enough, I smashed 3 fingers in the garage door last week and broke my ring finger on my right hand. Yes, OUCH!! I must have been distracted or something because I can't exactly recall how it happened. I remember pulling the door down and then my fingers were hurting. I looked at my hand & it was stuck in the 1st fold of the door. I had to push the door back up to get my fingers out. This is my 1st experience with a broken bone. I hope it's my last. The doctor told me not to use my right hand if at all possible, but if I need to use my right hand, I should not move my middle or ring finger. The finger broke all the way through at the tip and the doctor is concerned that if I don't rest it, the bone won't heal & I will have to have a pin placed in the tip to make the nerve endings re-attach properly.

I'm discovering how right handed I am. I can't write at all with my left hand!! I can type though! It's tough to make meals, do dishes, clean house, and fold laundry with one hand. That is why my bedroom is covered in piles of clothes!! At least I got the dishes done! I can still enjoy camping, though it takes a lot longer to get ready to go anywhere when 1 parent (Brian) has to do all the work. Below are pictures from our weekend at Arches National Park. It was alot of fun & the arches are so beautiful!

Click below to see our slideshow.
Arches Slidesow

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am sorry to hear about your finger! I cut my finger bad enough to have to have stitches and a splint on it a couple months ago... and it was hard to do anything. I hope you are doing alright. Your pictures from Arches are gorgeous. I take it the trip went well then?

LyndiLou said...

Oh DANG!!! I'm sooo sorry about your finger! I'm sure it'll heal up just right all by itself! ;) Just talk to it and tell it that you don't need a pin in there! ;) Maybe that'll work!

Did I ever tell you that I saw you in the Summerfest Parade?!? :) You looked awesome in your scout-ness!!! How fun to get to be in something like that!

Aprilyn said...

We had a great time at Arches, even with my broken finger.