I am SO busy!!! In fact, I am TOO busy!!! I do my paper route (just over 400 papers a day), homeschool Nate, coach soccer, and Cub Scouts (I'm still the Cubmaster). I also babysit kids 3 days a week. Sometimes I feel like I can't keep going. Then I pray, and just keep going. Brian helps around the house, and a lot of times he ends up cooking the meals. I'm so worn out all the time that I can't seem to get stuff done. I know I couldn't do this without him or the strength from my Father in Heaven. When I feel I can't go on, He helps me see that I can.
The boys are doing well. Nate really likes the homeschool program he is in. I love how much he has been learning! It's awesome!! He is doing great in Scouts too, and should have his Second Class AND First Class Ranks at his next Court of Honor in May. He loves being in Troop 999! Nate can be such a great helper around here, and has even started babysitting for our neighbor sometimes. He loves kids, and is so kind to the little ones. People always tell me what a great kid he is, and I just tell them, "I know. I'm so lucky!"
Marshall is getting taller! Either that, or his pants are shrinking! He is doing OK. I really need to work on doing a sensory diet with him. I can tell he is having a lot of trouble. He keeps his fingers tightly crossed almost constantly, and he is constantly jumping. Of course, the jumping is not anything new. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with him!! He can tell time on a digital clock, and is really good at telling us what time it is, 5000000 times a day! He can read some words now, and I try to teach him in those small moments when he is willing to listen and be taught.
Brian will graduate with his PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics, got a job teaching at a University in Missouri starting next fall. We are THRILLED!! He will be an Assistant Professor (or was it Associate?? I can't remember) at Missouri Western State University.
We plan to move to St. Joseph, Missouri the first week of August. The kids start school August 16th, so we want to make sure we're there and at least a LITTLE settled, before school starts.
Well, that is all I have time for. Actually, it is more than I had time for. :) Thankfully, Marshall decided to play with Legos for a few minutes so I could type, and amazingly enough, stay awake. I can't wait to move so I don't have to get up at 1:30am anymore. I want a nap...
Oh, and did you know I have lost almost 100 lbs since I started dieting last January? I will post a picture soon. In fact, I'll take one with my webcam as soon as I get back from taking Brian to the bus, getting milk, and taking a shower. Off I go...
8 comments:
Oh my gosh! Aprilyn!! I can't believe it, a real job! I'm so excited for you guys, that must feel so good to know that with all of the craziness you have been going through that you are almost at a new beginning!? I'm so excited for you. Congrats, and POST THAT PICTURE SOON!! Can't wait to see! Keep up all of the good work!
CONGRATULATIONS on the up coming graduation, job in Missouri and the weight loss!!!!! I am so happy for you. Hopefully, we will see you before you move.
Love ya, Debby
Thanks for the update. I didn't know you were homeschooling Nate!! Good for you!! I'm excited for you and your new adventure with your family. You are an inspiration!!
Wow! I know how it feels to be stretched so thin!
Girrrrll 100 lbs? You need new famiily pics. I'm SO impressed with you.
I love updates!!! I'm sooo happy to hear about all your hard work... weight loss, new jobs, moving, great kids... WOW! :) Thanks for sharing all of this... I'm excited for you!
Great news! All the best to you in your "real" life (after graduate school)!
WOW! I think anyone would be tried if they had all that on their plate. Yes, I would be thrilled if you would join our 52 Blessing Project. I'll add you to the list. Now go take that nap♥
You're amazing! Congrats on hubby's job offer and upcoming move. That's great!
Post a Comment