Recently, his medications were switched again, and he was put back on his old dose of Clonidine, his regular sleep medicine. I was happy because I thought he (and Brian and I) would FINALLY be sleeping better. Sadly, that is not what happened. He woke up so many times we lost track. If that wasn't bad enough, he woke up the last 2 mornings at 4:30am, (5:30am Saturday)and never went back to sleep. I don't know what to do! When he wakes up, sometimes he is just crying out and not fully awake. He has been crying that he needs to play the Wii. He's also been counting the HOURS until he can play with his friend Walker again. He will count down all week until Saturday. I can't handle this OCD stuff getting in the way with sleep and life in general. I'm really praying hard that he will sleep tonight because I don't know how I'm going to handle this again. It really wears on you after 6 years of sleep issues.
Because he was so out of control, and hadn't slept well in so long, we wouldn't let him play video games or have his friend over. He has also been having even MORE trouble with eating. Breakfast ended with him in time out, and lunch was a struggle as well. He kept trying to convince me his tummy hurt and he couldn't eat his sandwich. I had to have him take a bite, and let him get up and jump around while he chewed it or he would never have finished.
At about 1:00pm, Brian finally decided to go in to school for his last prep day before classes begin. That meant I was here with my darling out of control 6 yr old all day. Thankfully, Nate was invited to go sledding with a friend. We painted pictures, he jumped around a lot, he had me read his Spider-Man comic book to him, he jumped around some more, and then I finally had a stroke of genius and let him watch the movie "The 3 Ninjas Strike Back". He has been telling me for a while now that he wants to be a ninja when he grows up. This movie was just so perfect for him. I put out the mini-trampoline and had him jump while he watched it. He would sit for a bit, then get up and jump and pretend to fight like the ninjas. He could make all the noise he wanted during the movie because it was just the two of us, and I really didn't care as long as he wasn't screaming anymore. I really didn't want to put him in time out for the 4th time today.
We were able to make it through Family Home Evening with him over- focusing on other parts of the story just a little. The important thing is we did it, and he is now snuggling and getting tickled with Dad. I needed a break. I do love him, and I don't want to complain about him.It's just that sometimes I find it really hard to be his mother.
Because he was so out of control, and hadn't slept well in so long, we wouldn't let him play video games or have his friend over. He has also been having even MORE trouble with eating. Breakfast ended with him in time out, and lunch was a struggle as well. He kept trying to convince me his tummy hurt and he couldn't eat his sandwich. I had to have him take a bite, and let him get up and jump around while he chewed it or he would never have finished.
At about 1:00pm, Brian finally decided to go in to school for his last prep day before classes begin. That meant I was here with my darling out of control 6 yr old all day. Thankfully, Nate was invited to go sledding with a friend. We painted pictures, he jumped around a lot, he had me read his Spider-Man comic book to him, he jumped around some more, and then I finally had a stroke of genius and let him watch the movie "The 3 Ninjas Strike Back". He has been telling me for a while now that he wants to be a ninja when he grows up. This movie was just so perfect for him. I put out the mini-trampoline and had him jump while he watched it. He would sit for a bit, then get up and jump and pretend to fight like the ninjas. He could make all the noise he wanted during the movie because it was just the two of us, and I really didn't care as long as he wasn't screaming anymore. I really didn't want to put him in time out for the 4th time today.
We were able to make it through Family Home Evening with him over- focusing on other parts of the story just a little. The important thing is we did it, and he is now snuggling and getting tickled with Dad. I needed a break. I do love him, and I don't want to complain about him.It's just that sometimes I find it really hard to be his mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment