Sunday, May 22, 2011

EEG PARTY

Marshall has to have a full EEG tomorrow morning, which means tonight he gets to PARTY!! He has to stay up until midnight, then he is supposed to magically sleep from midnight until 4am. After 4am, we have to keep him awake until his EEG, which starts at 9:30am. I'm going to bed early, and Brian will take the first shift. They will play games, jump on the trampoline, and run around. Then, Brian will attempt to get Marshall to go to sleep at midnight, and I'm supposed to get him up at 4am. I'm planning to take him outside, go for walks, play frisbee, and do whatever else I need to do to keep myself, I mean Marshall, awake.

You may ask, "Why the torture?" Oh, we just love torturing ourselves. We get a kick of out it! Actually, the reason is that Marshall had a sleep study a few months ago. The results from that study made the doctor wonder if he's having seizures in his sleep. Apparently, Marshall had quite a lot of repetitive movements with his fingers. The Nurse Practitioner told me that anytime there is repetitive movements, they need to take a closer look at what is going on. The sleep study doesn't have enough leads on the child's head to really give them an idea of what is going on, so they order a Sleep Deprivation EEG.

I'm not looking forward to this. Wish us luck...

No comments: