
My life has been a little unbalanced lately. It would be sort of like this picture. Things that don't need to be taking so much priority in life, slowly were taking over. I was spending FAR too much time playing fun but useless games on Facebook. I was not spending my time on the most important things in life, like playing with my kids, having real conversations with my husband (that did not include details about the game we were playing), studying the scriptures, and having sincere prayer. Lucky for me, Jesus Christ paid the price so people like me, who get way off whack , can repent and change their lives. Isn't that awesome?! I am really grateful that I can realize I was wrong , and change my life around. For now, I have had Brian block the Facebook website altogether until I feel I have more control over myself. Several people on Facebook expressed their disappointment that I will not be on there anymore, and as much as I appreciate knowing that others like me, I know I must stay away. My life needs to be in balance!

Have you ever wondered if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing with your life? Maybe you have a testimony of Jesus Christ but aren't quite sure that He will really help you with your problems. Or, like most of us, maybe you have those days when you just don't see how you'll ever measure up.
No One Can Take Your Place is a book that will help you. It will help you catch a glimpse of the power our Father in Heaven wants you to have. It will help you learn how to lay hold upon that power, how to overcome the temptations that stand in the way of your happiness, and how to shine as a leader in the world. It will help you understand who you really are.
"The Lord knows who we are, where we are, and what our mission is, and what we need in order to accomplish that mission," writes Sheri Dew. "Not only has He known us for a long, long time, He has loved us for a long, long time. We are here now because we are supposed to be here now. No one else can have the influence or do the good that we were prepared and foreordained to have and do. No one else can fulfill our individual missions."
True happiness comes from doing what we were meant to do. This book will motivate you to find out what that means for you; it will also inspire you to carry out your unique work on the earth, for truly, no one can take your place!
This book has already begun to inspire me to be and do better. Add that to the wonderful article in the August Ensign , a church magazine put out monthly, with religious instruction, Church News, and inspirational messages for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and their families. The article was titled, "Just a Game?" and talks about the seriousness of online game addiction. It made me wake up and realize I was addicted and I was wasting the precious time I have been given. I do not want to have to explain to Jesus and Heavenly Father that I wasted the precious time they gave me here on Earth. There are so many more important things I need to be doing.
So, I've started again. I will try to blog every day because it is a journal writing time for me. I have so many pictures I've been needing to share too.
4 comments:
Good for you! I totally understand!!! I'm starting to cut back too. We'll see if I have as much will power as you to stop completely.
I have been wondering how things were going with Marshall. You see Dr. Pfeffer don't you? We met her today. Josh had an appointment with her to get to the bottom of his sleeping issues. I really like her. How is the eating going? Any progress in that area? And what about school?
I'm way behind on my updates. I will do one on Marshall next. :)
Good for you Aprilyn!! You will be so much happier. It is so easy to get addicted to those games and things. I have to remind myself, what do I want to be remembered for when I die. Certainly, not that I was a champ in an Internet/role play game, but that I actually touched real lives here on earth. So nice to see you blogging again.
Post a Comment