I've been really slacking in the Blogging department. Nate had a birthday, and I didn't even blog about it! Ahhh! This was a big birthday too. My boy turned 12 years old! Wow!

A few weeks old
9 mo. old
I love that crooked grin!
Nate is such a good boy. He is always smiling, and tries so hard to be kind to everyone around him. It is not easy to have a brother with Autism, but Nate is Marshall's protecto
r. He sticks up for others, and has a really good sense of what's right and what is wrong.

Flying Uncle Mack's Airplane (with help)- age 3 1/2
Now my boy is 12 years old. In our church, when a boy turns 12, he is interviewed by the Bishop (the lay minister of our congregation), and if he is found worthy, he will be ordained to the office of a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood. Nate was ordained by his father (Brian...duh) last Sunday. My Dad and my husband's Step-Father were able to come out here to Missouri to be a part of the ordination. Worthy holders of the Melchizedek Priesthood laid their hands on Nate's head as Brian spoke the words of the ordination. What a special experience this was for him, and for our family. I don't remember when my brothers were ordained, but I will never forget the beautiful feeling I felt (for the fleeting moment that Marshall was quiet and still). Natjan is a worthy young man, and I am so proud to be his Mother. We were also blessed to have my Dad and Brian's Step-Dad standing in the circle to ordain Nathan. Here are some pictures of our day.
The boys with Papa in front of our Church Building
Back row (sort of): Brian, Me (Aprilyn of course), Jack Francis (Brian's Step-Dad)
Front Row: Nathan, Marshall, and Grandma Judy Francis
The Bucklein Bunch November 28, 2010
Tomorrow Nate will pass the Sacrament for the first time! I'm excited for him. He has been looking forward to this day for a long time. Now, if his headache will just go away. Don't get sick now Nate!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment