Right now I'm frustrated with myself.
I feel like I can't do anything right!! Last Tuesday, I forgot about my Chiropractor appointment, and had to get a reminder-where-are you- call (2 weeks in a row now). Saturday, I thought the Autism Alliance Holiday Party was from 6-8pm. I had been talking about it all week, and the kids were totally excited! We got there shortly after 6pm only to find out it ENDED at 6pm! Oh snap! NOT AGAIN!!! Nate took it really well, but Marshall was heartbroken. He was crying and yelling that I lied, and I cheated. I felt so bad (still do). Thankfully, Brian thought fast, and tried explaining things to Marshall. Then we got the kids in the car, and took them to a cheap movie. After popcorn and a drink, Marshall was happier. Crisis averted...barely! Just a quick note off topic...Marshall handled the change in situation MUCH better than I thought he would. He is growing up! Ohhhhh...it was good. He even sat through the movie for the most part. He started getting restless when there was about 1/2 hr left, but still...MAJOR improvement!
As if those things weren't bad enough, Monday I had an appointment with a service coordinator. She is someone who is going to help us write up a plan for services that Marshall needs, like behavior therapy, and then help us find the help we need. That is a nice thing that Missouri does! Well, I put it in my calendar, and I knew I had an appointment that morning. Only, somehow in my brain I was thinking the appointment was for 11:30am. I took Brian to school at about 10:50, so I wasn't here when she showed up at 11am. GOOD ONE! Ugh..
Oh, it gets better! I ordered some clothes from Old Navy (online) because we are really in need of warmer clothes, and they had a Buy One, Get One Free sale on sweaters. PERFECT! Marshall and I need sweaters we can wear to church, plus I had a $10 off coupon, and they offered free shipping. SWEET! I was so excited about how much I saved! Well, today I got an email saying the merchandise had been returned, and I had been credited for order. WHAT?! I never saw the order arrive at the house, and I certainly didn't tell them to return it! I logged on to my account, and sure enough, I had forgotten to change my shipping address! SNAP! What is wrong with me?! I called Old Navy Customer Service, but they couldn't do anything. There goes my awesome deal. That stinks...
So, I'm distracted, I can't keep track of appointments, and I'm a terrible Primary teacher. I teach the 11 year olds. There are ten kids when they all come, but Sunday I only had seven. I brought costumes (it was the Christmas lesson). I had such grand ideas of how much fun we were going to have learning this lesson. WRONG! The kids weren't interested AT ALL!! The two girls were the only ones listening at all. They were looking up the scriptures, and trying to participate, but the five boys didn't care at all! It's not that they were really talking to each other that much. They were just playing with the props, moving around the room, arguing with me about when Christ's real birthday is, or looking out the window, among other things. I was so disappointed! I wanted so badly to teach these kids the lesson. I had tried hard to prepare it well enough that I didn't need to look at my paper. They are eleven years old. I thought that was old enough to look up scriptures and find answers. Maybe it was just a bad way to try to teach that lesson. I think it was more like payback time for my horrible eleven year old behavior when I was in Primary!! I SO deserved this calling. What goes around, comes around, right?
2 comments:
I'm so sorry! I thought since you filled out a change of address that somehow it would get to your new address! I should've just called you and gotten the address to forward to. Dang it! That was dumb of me!
NO, no. It was totally MY FAULT!! I should have checked the stupid shipping address when I ordered the stuff. Don't worry.
Post a Comment