Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nate's Choir

Nate just started his 2nd Semester singing in an audition-only choir at the University where Brian teaches. It's called Griffion Junior Singers. His Choir Director speaks so highly of him. She says he is a leader in his section, he always knows his part so well, and she loves having him in the choir. We applied for a merit scholarship for this semester so we won't have to pay tuition. I really hope he gets it! One of the things I had to submit for his application were two letters of recommend. His director wrote one, and Bro. Roger Hale, 1st Counselor in our Bishopric, and a Music Professor at the University wrote the other one. I think I need to paste those here so everyone who reads this can know how awesome my boy is.

I am writing this letter of recommendation for Nate Bucklein, a Griffon Junior Singer
who is seeking a scholarship to pay for his enrollment expenses for the spring semester,
2012.

Nate has been in Griffon Junior Singers for only one semester, but has proved in that
short amount of time that he deserves a merit scholarship. He is a leader in his section.
He comes to each rehearsal with his part learned and often memorized. He has a natural
talent and sings with purpose and intelligence. He listens carefully to instruction and
implements all my requests with attention to detail.

When we performed in December with the St. Joseph Symphony, a member of the
audience came to ask me his name because she noticed his polished performance. He
stands out in performance and is an asset to this group.

Please feel free to ask for further information as needed to support Nate Bucklein for a
merit scholarship.

Respectfully,
Karen Heyde-Lipanovich
Director, Griffon Junior Singers
Premiere Choir

Awesome, huh? Here's the letter from Bro. Hale--

I would like to enthusiastically recommend Nathan Bucklein as a recipient of one of the merit scholarships to sing
in the Griffon Junior Singers. Nathan is a remarkable young man that possesses wonderful leadership qualities.
He comes from a musical background and I am confident he will carry his musical heritage into the Griffon
Junior Singers program.
Nathan has conducted our church choir which consists primarily of adults. He treats people with professionalism
and respect. He also has a wonderful ability to sing and adapt to those around him in the choir.
I am confident that you will benefit from his continued participation in this wonderful ensemble.
Please free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Respectfully,
Roger H. Hale, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Choral Music Education and Voice
Missouri Western State University


I am so proud of my boy!

1 comment:

Cindy Price said...

Wow, super awesome!! Nate is going to go far!!