I struggle every day to deal with the challenges placed upon my by being the mother of Marshall. I love him dearly and am very grateful he is my son. He is a brilliant boy but so difficult too. He gets very stressed out and starts screaming when I least expect it. Have you ever known something was wrong but nobody listened to you? That is how I feel every day. Brian and I know something is not right with Marshall. We don't want there to be something wrong...there just is period. Eating is difficult for him. He doesn't like to eat and many times if we put him in his chair at the table, he screams and throws things and refuses to eat. Some may say he's just spoiled. I know better. Having already raised an extremely bright 2 yr old (Nathan), I know this is not because Marshall is spoiled. I treat him the same as I treat Nathan. Marshall can be the most loving little boy on the planet one second and screaming the next. Sometimes he lets you touch him and other times, the lightest touch sends him screaming to a corner of the room. He gets obsessive compulsive over tiny things that are huge to him. "Oh, every toddler does that." I hear that a lot. Yup, they do but Marshall does things to the extreme.
The good thing about having my super smart special child is that he can brighten my day. He sings songs and says funny things that make us laugh. I love Marshall with all my heart. He's just a super difficult child to raise.
No comments:
Post a Comment