Last Sunday in Sharing Time, Sister Torres taught us about listening to the Still, Small Voice. She reminded us that we have two sets of parents-our earthly parents and our heavenly parents. When we need to know something like how to tie our shoes, our earthly parents can help. To have a testimony of sacred things, you can ask Heavenly Father. We have learned that Heavenly Father will answer prayers through the 3rd member of the Godhead-The Holy Ghost.
I like reading The Book of Mormon. I like the feeling I get when I read it. I wanted to know if Joseph Smith really did translate the Book of Mormon and see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I prayed about it and my prayer was answered in General Conference.
A testimony is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost. It’s not a story about what you did that month. Bearing a testimony means you tell how you know a gospel principle is true
I have a testimony. I know that this church is true and I know that Joseph Smith really saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and that he really did translate the Book of Mormon. I’m still reading it and I know it’s true. The 8th Article of Faith says “We believe the bible to be the word of God as long as it is translated correctly. We also believe The Book of Mormon to be the word of God.” I know that is true. I believe that when President Gordon B. Hinkley speaks in General Conference he’s not just saying what he thinks he should say but what Heavenly Father wants him to say.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
1 comment:
Nathan, i feel so privlidged to be part of your life. your mommy and daddy are so very proud of you. it has been an honour to be able to watch your grow and hear all about what your family is doing from here in new zealand. that speach was awesome!!! god bless you!!
Amanda in New Zealand
xoxox
Post a Comment