Ah, it's nice to have some good days. Thursday morning, Marshall woke up in a pretty good mood. He slept in and was not grumpy when he woke up. For breakfast, he ate one egg, a whole container of yogurt and a slice of toast. For him, that's a HUGE meal!!!! Then he actually got dressed ALL BY HIMSELF!! That is a first for him. We were so excited!! We kept telling him how great he did. He kept eating good all weekend and has been pretty happy. It's nice to have a break from the downward spiral he was in. He can be such a loving boy. He loves to come in my room in the morning and snuggle up to me while he finishes waking up. I love it!
We had a good visit with Marshall's pediatrician. He looked at Marshall's fine motor test results and is willing to help us fight the school district for services if we have to. Marshall's fine motor skills are in the FIRST percentile for grasping but he is normal for hand eye coordination. Overall, his fine motor skills are in the 5th percentile. We have a lot of work to do with this kid but he will get it. He always does! Isn't he a great kid?
3 comments:
How exciting! I love weekends like that. We have an amazing pediatrician too.... he's gone to bat for us at times. It always helps to have them on your side! I am glad you guys had a good weekend, you needed it!
Wow, that IS really good. Did you have to roll him away from the table? I bet he was so happy after that because he actually ate! Too bad he probably won't remember that (but I hope for your sake he does). I'm happy you had a great weekend. :)
I think that is a huge meal for many four year olds. I don't often get any of my kids (including the ones who are 6 and 8) to eat that much breakfast.
Post a Comment