Sunday, March 22, 2009

In the World but Not OF the World.

There is so much WRONG going on in the world today. Our Government is moving further and further away from the Constitution and more towards Socialism. I worry about the out of control spending that our President is doing. There are many people who are out of work, things are just spiraling out of control!! If I read up on what's happening, I get so stressed out. So how do you live in the world but not OF the world? When I go to church, I feel at peace. I learn the things that the Lord wants me to learn. The Lord tells us in Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 - "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God. "
When I go to church, I feel at peace. I feel like I need to keep working on my food storage, update my 72-hr kit, read my scriptures more diligently, and make sure I keep teaching my children the things they need to know. It's not easy but we'll make it through.

1 comment:

big8smiley said...

In D&C 38:30 it says "if ye are prepared ye shall not fear." I tell myself this often and try to just focus my efforts on what I need to be doing. I agree with you, it is scary (and a little fascinating) to watch and it feels like a whirlwind. I honestly didn't really think I'd see the day when it all went downhill so fast. Do the best you can in your own life.