Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I was SO CLOSE!!

The Biggest Loser is over and I lost by .07%. Brian said it should have been a tie because you can't get 2 decimal places out of a whole number. Oh well. It doesn't matter. I lost. BUT, I lost 20 lbs too.

They are doing another round of The Biggest Loser but I am not sure if I want to try that again. I do a cardio work out every other day but I also do a strength training workout every other day. So, since muscle weighs more than fat, I probably haven't lost as much as I would like to. I've lost quite a bit of fat and gained some muscle so that's good. I just really wanted the money.

Oh well.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

AHHH! So close!

Congratulations on 20 pounds though, that is awesome. I really do admire your diligence, not only to lose weight, but to doing it in a healthy way. You should feel very good about yourself, even if you didn't win the money.

And partly due to your inspiration, I started my weight loss journey two and a half weeks ago. I look forward to losing the first 20 pounds.

Cindy Price said...

I think the only thing you really lost was the weight. I am proud of you, and consider you a winner!!

Paige said...

Oh man! It seemed like you were ahead the whole time. It's like Ebay where you think you are winning the whole time until the last second. :) Oh well, congrats on the 20 pounds!!

big8smiley said...

With the strength training did you lose any inches? Do you get to graduate to a smaller size? I guess the whole point of the contest was a healthier lifestyle, and that's a great gift to your kids and yourself. I'm sorry you didn't win, though. It's such a bummer!

Rhonda said...

bummer on not winning the money. :(

But congrats on being a great loser! 20 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! seriously.

Susan said...

That is an awesome accomplishment! Congrats!

Autumn said...

Aprilyn, I about died when I read the results. Seriously, I am SOOO sorry!! You've worked so hard. It might sound cheesy, but I agree, I don't think you lost the competition at all. I will likely play along this round. Good work, my friend! And ps, I'd love to know how you lost 2% in one week!! I'm doing it at my gym, lost a total of 9.8 pounds in two weeks, only 1% of my weight!

Kay Scott said...

Hi Aprilyn,

I hope this comment won't seem strange to you since you don't know me. I am the mother-in-law to Amy S. (who has 2 cute boys also and makes fabulous cakes, among other things). I somehow ran across your blog and have been following your weight loss. I have battled extra pounds for years and have successfully over the last several months lost almost 60 pounds. I have a closet full of (some almost new) clothes that I can no longer wear. I have dresses, capris, tops, jeans, even exercise capris. I don't know if any of them would fit you or if you could use them, but I have felt impressed several times to ask you. I have not done so sooner because I didn't want to seem weird or creepy, but the feeling won't go away. I want to congratulate you on 20 pounds. That's a lot of good work. I know you will keep going and that is awesome. If you feel comfortable, e-mail me at kay@scottsdc.com and I will visit with you more about this. Congratulations on your loss!! Exercise and healthy eating is doing it for me too.

Jamie said...

wow Aprilynn. I am so impressed at your 20 lb loss. I keep wanting to start and falling off the diet wagon, trying, falling.... it's ugly. Congrats! you are doing it!

Jamie said...

wow Aprilynn. I am so impressed at your 20 lb loss. I keep wanting to start and falling off the diet wagon, trying, falling.... it's ugly. Congrats! you are doing it!