So, in order to make things better at lunch, I decid
ed to eat lunch with him. First I went to recess w
ith him and made him swing for a long time. I don't know how long they had been outside before I went out, but I made him get on the swings as soon as I got out there. He didn't want to. He was very angry at me, but I got him to swing anyway. He ended up loving it, and I know it helped him. I don't know what else to do. I will probably have to eat lunch with him again tomorrow to make sure he won't have trouble again. All the kids in his class liked that I was there. They were so cute. Lots of them had me open their carrots or some other part of their lunch. What a cute bunch of kids!
After school, he was getting really angry about everything, so I decided to read to him. His new favorite books are The Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne. We have a ton of them from when Nate was little, but we can't find Book #1. Marshall actually sits still and listens to the whole book! Today we read this one:

He was so excited about finishing the whole book. I am surprised they hold his attention. This is why I know he doesn't have ADHD. Marshall wanted to check Book #1 out at his school library, but they won't let him. They said he can only check out picture books. I don't get why. It's not like he can read the picture books any better than chapter books. He just can't read.
Now he's reading the next book with his Dad. What a good way to end the day.
1 comment:
Taylor loves those books and Zoe loves the dinosaur book.
Post a Comment