Monday, September 20, 2010

Teaching

For the past month, I've been subbing in the Primary class for the 10 and 11 yr olds. I never knew how much I would enjoy that! I've usually taught the younger kids, so this is new to me, but I think it is very good for me. I have to actually study and learn the material really well before I'm ready to teach it to the kids. I've learned quite a bit already, and look forward to learning more.
I won't be giving the kids treats each Sunday because there is just way too much of that in this ward. I think the kids can do great things without bribery. Just this past Sunday, they even went to the library and made sure they had a set of scriptures to use. I'm wearing off on them already!
I've been trying to think of new and better ways to teach the class and make it more memorable. I want them to remember what we learn so they can apply it in their lives. I am open to suggestions or stories, etc. My lesson next week is on Elijah and the Priests of Baal.




No comments: