Monday, September 13, 2010

Newspapers AGAIN?!

Call me Crazy (yes, this is where you say, "Hi Crazy!"), but I'm delivering newspapers again. Brian's job is great, and there are ways for him to make extra money, but those things take time, and we need money now. So, I called the St. Joe NewsPress, and they needed a carrier (or two or three or...). I got one route which is TINY compared to what I was doing before. This company is so much better to work for though. Right now I only have 69 papers, but I will be adding at least one more route next month. Instead of having to go to the Depot and wait in line, I go to a drop zone which is not far from my house. I pick up my papers there, and bag them in my car. I have 4 bundles that I just drop off at certain locations. I get paid $25 a month extra for each one. WOW!!! I got 3 cents a paper for school drops before! I'm liking this already! The papers still have to be out by 6am, and I still have lots of porch deliveries, but I get paid over .17cents per paper whereas in Utah I only got 10 cents for the local papers, and 5 cents for nationals! We only deliver the local paper right now, but they are adding the Kansas City Star soon. I'm excited about this job, because it means we will have enough money to pay our bills, and get out of debt!! We want to get out of debt fast so we can buy a home someday. So for now, I get up at 3am, and work for a few hours before I come home and get the kids up and going for school. After they leave, I can take a nap for however long I need to. This is going to be so much better for me.

No comments: