Friday, August 26, 2011

Another Marshall-ism


Things were a bit crazy around my house this morning, so I let the boys get school lunch today. This afternoon I asked Marshall if he liked his lunch, and he said yes. Then I asked him what his lunch was, and he told me it was Mozzarella Cheese Sticks. He said he ate 3 and then he ate his dessert, and then he took a bite of the other Mozzarella Cheese stick, and he said it tasted gross. I asked him what vegetable he had for lunch, and he said, "I couldn't eat any of them 'cause they were all the kinds that need front teeth."
"Say What?!"

That's exactly what I was thinking. This boy makes me smile, laugh, and cry sometimes too. It has not been easy being the parent of a child with Asperger's (Autism), but it is so worth it. Some days are tougher than others (today was just plain awful), but we make it through each day, and we never quit fighting for him, studying about how to help him, and looking for the right doctor who can help us. I'm a lucky Mom to be blessed with 2 wonderful boys. They are EPIC (that's what Marshall would say).

1 comment:

Cindy Price said...

Love Marshall's funny face.