Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I Did This Summer


If you ask Marshall what he did this summer, he will tell you he played Toontown. Really?! That's ALL he did this summer? Well I definitely have a different report than my funny 6 yr old.




This summer Marshall lost his two front teeth. I love that toothless grin!


We attempted (and pretty much failed) a garden.



The corn grew fast.





Unfortunately, so did the grass. In Missouri, you HAVE to clear out ALL the grass, or you will end up losing your garden like we did. The corn grew tall, and I was getting excited about some delicious sweet corn. Apparently, so were the raccoons. Those buggers climbed up my corn stalks, and destroyed all the corn.


We made some friends, and helped them with their house repairs.




We spent the day at World's Of Fun with our friends the Callahans (the same friends whose house we helped fix.)




We had so much fun this summer. Stay tuned for the next installment of, "What I Did This Summer".

2 comments:

Torrie and Cassidy said...

We have been wanting to go to Worlds of Fun. Was it so much fun?? Maybe next summer :)

Aprilyn said...

It was a blast! I recommend you go on a weekday though. We went at the end of June, right after there had been a terrible thunderstorm. The power was out until about 11am, then they had to get everything up and running. It was a little later start than we wanted, but still fun! We will probably go every summer because Brian has a Physics Lab where they need to go to World's Of Fun to complete it.