Thursday, September 18, 2008

Braces

Nathan got braces about a week ago but I forgot to post the pictures. He posted them on his blog but I want to post them here anyway. Here is the before picture.


And so it begins...


"I am NOT enjoying this."


"Does this make me glow in the dark?"


Half-way there. The brackets are on.


Stopping for a smile with the doctor.


Finished at last! This picture was taken before the pain set it. Even then, he said it hurt but not *too* bad. Things have certainly changed since I had braces many years ago. I'm glad they don't hurt as much now.


**EDIT** I know he seems young for braces but he has some teeth coming in and no space for them. So, he needs to have braces on the top for now to get those coming in the right way. He will get braces on the bottom eventually. We just couldn't put that into our payment plan right now. :)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

wow! He's young for braces, but heck I guess if it's ok then ya might as well get it over with huh?!

My nearly 17 yr old and 14 yr old just got their teeth done with invisalign and my 13 yr old just got them put on...6 more months and I have half my kids with perfect chompers. 3 down, 3 to go. ugh

Megan said...

My parents waited until I was fifteen, almost sixteen to put braces on me, it was miserable to have them during those years. Now Talin is going to need them, and I'm an advocate of putting them on early. Teeth are important, and if you don't feel good about your teeth, you don't feel good about yourself.