
That's a cute picture of a boy eating isn't it? Notice it's not a picture of Marshall eating. No, that would NOT be my child. Apparently, Marshall has soared to new heights in puzzling his therapists and parents. We try and try to get him to eat but he just won't do it very much. SO, we're adding a dietitian to his list of therapists. We got lucky and they had an opening for Wednesday. I'm ready to have some help with his eating problems. I hope they can help. Here is a list of what he ate this past week.
Mon- 1 Teaspoon Cream of Wheat with butter, milk, and a little sugar. 1 slice of white bread toasted w/ butter. Lunch- 1 slice of cheese pizza and a few swigs of root beer. Dinner- 1/2 slice cheese pizza.
Tue- Breakfast- small bowl of Cheerios w/ milk. Lunch- 1/2 chicken nugget. Dinner- 3 teaspoons of Peanut Butter.
Wed-Small breakfast- small bowl of Cheerios w/ milk. Lunch- nothing (refused to eat). Dinner- small bowl of Cheerios.
Thur- 10 small bites of pancake w/ syrup and butter. Lunch- 1 chicken nugget and a bit of root beer. Snack- a marshmallow with Peanut Butter on it and a few mini M&M's. Dinner- 1/4 container of chocolate pudding.
That's enough for you to get the gist of how little this boy eats. No wonder he's only 30 lbs!! He would be much smaller if it weren't for Pediasure with Fiber. I think that stuff is wonderful!
7 comments:
Sorry, you have to add yet one more therapist! We have seen our share too including a dietitian. Do you think Marshall has some kind of oral sensitivity or adversion (not sure if that is the right word). Or he's doesn't have an appetite. With Evan it was a combination of no appetite and a strong gag reflex. So we just had to add whatever we could to his food it up the calories, lots of butter (yikes for the heart), extra powdered milk to his milk and I think the supplement he took was called Resource. We had to be careful because he had an electrolyte imbalance.
Anyway, I wish you much luck with the dietitian.
Good luck....I hope she helps you..you are in my prayers.
Hey Marshal and I like all the same foods! I think we just have a different idea about portion control... me too much, him not nearly enough.
Yeah, me too. I eat too much. Let's just get a happy medium going here and everyone can be happy! :)
Hey, we have learned a few tricks along the way that might help at least a little bit. We put sprinkles on things and food coloring in foods to make them seem more fun. My kids like Ensure and Vitamin waters as well as smoothies with peanut butter or carnation instant breakfast. Best of luck, we are there with ya and praying for you!
Wow, I'll never complain about my kids not eating again, because it just doesn't compare! Good luck with that, and I hope they're able to get him eating for you, that is really hard!
Post a Comment