



I forgot to mention a few other traditions I have. I have been trying to find time to write them but it's crazy around here.
These are some pictures of some of the reunions we have had with my Dad's side of the family. Every summer for as long as I can remember, we have had a family reunion. The reunion locations are always one of the family member's houses. This year we'll go to Aunt Debby's house. We all go and spend a week there. Granny and Grandpa and all the Aunts and Uncles get beds first, then the kids are sprawled out wherever there is empty floor space. It is SO much fun. Last year was the houseboat on Lake Powell that I mentioned in a previous post. We always sing while my Dad plays songs on the guitar. We even have a funny family song. I promise to post that later. We went to my Dad and Diane's cabin in Durango, Colorado one year. People are sometimes shocked when they find out that we get THAT many people together for an entire week and that we all get along!! I love family reunions! I really enjoy seeing all my family and watching this next generation of cousins playing together.

Another thing we love to do is our family dinner. Each month we get together on a Sunday evening for food, conversation, and fun. It is great to catch up with everyone and see how the kids have grown.
Well, I know there are probably more but I need to do other stuff so it will have to wait.
3 comments:
April...I love the pictures. They bring back good memories..thanks for sharing.
I love hearing your stories of the family reunions and your traditions. You are absolutely dripping with family fun!
Well, I'm sure the "houseboat" reunion was fun up til the time you nearly died.... Am I allowed to tease about it yet?
Suz, you can tease away. My uncle has a new name for the houseboat but I forgot it. I will have to tell you another time. :)
Post a Comment