Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reading It Again


Last year Nate's 2nd grade teacher recommended I read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. When she told me it was about vampires and a girl who falls in love with one, I promptly said "No thanks." She told me to just start it and see if I liked it. I was totally shocked that I got hooked. Not only did I read Twilight, but I anxiously awaited my turn to borrow the next book, New Moon. The 3rd book in the series came out in August of last year and I read it so fast! I really enjoy this series and apparently, I'm not the only Mom who has read it. Today I took the boys to Carls' Jr for lunch so they could play and get some wiggles out since it's been quite cold. I had at least 4 women tell me how much they LOVED the books! Haha. I didn't get much reading done because they all had to tell me how they got hooked on the books. Now they are making a movie out of the first book and it comes out in December. I'm DEFINITELY going! Brian can stay home with the kids..I'm having a movie night!

6 comments:

Cindy Price said...

I have heard a lot of talk about those books, but somehow it sounds a little freaky to me. Maybe one of these days....

Amy said...

They are definitely page-turners. I'm excited for a girls night out to see the movie when it's released!

Autumn said...

Oh my word. These are so on my "to-read" lists!!!

LJ said...

I have never read these books yet, but sound like they are amazing! How cool that there is a movie coming out too.

MommyMert said...

I am half way through #3. Love it! Read them all this week for the first time. Tim keeps laughing at me.

Megan said...

It's hilarious how so many married women love this book, I'm a fan myself and can't wait for the next book to come out or for the movie.