
Today I am thankful for my Mother. I'm thankful that in the time she had with us on this Earth, she taught us the Gospel. She taught us to have high standards. She taught us to enjoy working. When we grumbled about work, she got us singing and then suddenly the work wasn't that bad anymore!! I am thankful that my Mother taught me to enjoy GOOD music. I'm very selective on what kind of music I listen to and what I allow to be played in my home. I'm also grateful to her Mother and all the Mothers who helped shape who my Mother became. I also am thankful for Judy Peterson and the wonderful friendship she shared with my Mother. It is so nice to read her blog and the blogs of her children and see how they have standards so similar to mine. Thank-you Judy for teaching me too. You had (still do) an influence on my life as I'm sure my Mother did on your children. I have never had that close of a relationship with any family since we left Naperville.
Last, but not least, I also have to say I'm thankful for the "substitute" Mother we have in Diane. I think substitute sounds nicer. Diane is not trying to replace our mother but she has enough love to share that she can love us while she is here.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS. You really never know how much influence you have on other people's lives.
2 comments:
Very nice post about your mom and mothers in general! I hope your mother's day was the best!
That was beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. Diane sounds like a wonderful person. I think "substitute" mother sounds better too, being a step mom myself!
Post a Comment