Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Survived Another One

This was my first experience with Pinewood Derby and I'm glad it's over!! I'm very frustrated though. Some parents shaved the wheels of their cars to make them go faster and that is cheating. These parents KNEW it was cheating when they did it and they did it anyway. It makes me sad.
Nathan won 3rd place in the Obstacle Course (which wasn't all that interesting) so he was quite upset. It's good for him to learn that he won't always win.
I learned SO MUCH about what to do and what not to do at Pinewood Derby. I couldn't do it without my darling husband. He helps me more than any of my committee people and he doesn't have the calling!!! It's really hard when you don't have enough help. We are 2 wards combined and we have very few leaders. When we have Pack Planning Meeting, the only people who show up are me, my asst. Cubmaster, and my committee chairman. Nothing is getting planned and it leaves ALL the work to me. I can't continue to have that much stress! I feel like I just exist most of the time. I go through the motions of life and barely hang in there. I asked the bishopric member in charge of Cubs to please get more committee members to help. I can't continue to do all the planning alone. I have way too much other stuff going on. I feel like my head is spinning while I'm there and I have a million things to do that never get done. I was at the church at 9:30 this morning to set up for an 11am Pinewood Derby. I still wasn't ready at 11am. AAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??!!!

No comments: