Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Best DI Find EVER





A few weeks ago, on my way home from Marshall's Occupational Therapy appointment, I stopped by the Deseret Industries (DI) in Sandy, Utah. DI is a thrift store. I was supposed to be looking for dressers but instead, I found a big plastic kitchen and a Power Wheels Jeep! The kitchen was $10 and the Jeep was $15. I was disappointed when I realized the Jeep didn't work but I found a local repair shop and had them test the vehicle, the battery, and the charger. It turns out the battery was dead. New batteries are quite pricey (just about $60) but it was SO worth it!! These little cars usually cost several hundred dollars and I got one for under a hundred!! Apparently, Monday morning at the DI in Sandy is a great place to be!!!

1 comment:

Farr Family said...

I ALWAYS find smokin' deals at the Sandy DI when I go! I especially liked finding the namebrand school uniform shirts for my boys! AWESOME! I need to take a bunch of stuff TO DI before I go again looking for deals though! Good job!