Monday, May 26, 2008

Never Forget


I hope we can all take a minute and remember those who have died for our country. I know the boy in the picture won't be forgetting any time soon.
Brian was in the Army because he wanted to serve his country. Luckily, he never had to go to war.
A woman in my neighborhood has a 4 yr old son (friend of Marshall), and twins who are 4 months old. Right after her twins were born, her husband was deployed to Afghanistan. This young mother is strong but I can't imagine how hard life must be for her with all those little ones and no husband around. Luckily, she has a lot of family around and our neighborhood has kind of adopted her and tried helping her. I pray for our soldiers. I am grateful for their service and I hope they can come home safely to their families.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Thanks to all those who serve! I like flashback Friday. What a fun idea. I think Marshall looks a lot like Brian although he's not free of Aprilyn features. He's so handsome.