Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nathan's Choir Concert

Yesterday was Nathan's school choir concert. He sang a solo and did such an AWESOME job!! He totally amazed everyone with how great and how powerful he can sing. He is always on key and knows the rhythm. I've also managed to teach him not to breathe in the middle of words and to breathe silently (as silently as possible). All you YNS people...do you remember "cool air sips"? Ah, that brings back memories of MUCH time spent in YNS. I wish Nate could experience a choir like that but I don't have the money so I'll have to do my best with the school choir. I'm going to be even more involved next year. I didn't get any pictures because I'm the accompanist. Oh, and I even directed the last song. That was my first time and I was SOOOO nervous but I did OK. PHEW! It's over!

1 comment:

big8smiley said...

That's great that he is turning into such a fine singer! I guess we all know who he gets it from. I'm sure you did great directing the choir too. It's something you enjoy. Hopefully you get more opportunities to continue directing next year. I bet you could do some real damage with the choir (I mean that in a good way - like good damage . . . um, like making a dent in making them sound so much better as kids, or, uh, whatever LOL!) I'm happy for you that Nathan enjoys what you enjoy. :)