Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Going Green

The movie Wall-E has inspired me to go green. Yes, you have that right folks. We are going green, and not just a little bit! When we decide to do something, we go 110% (even though there can really only be 100%). So, here is proof that us Buckleins are going green.


See how good we are at re-using corrugated cardboard? Simply inspiring, I know.





Not only is Marshall wearing a beautiful green shirt, his milk, chicken nuggets, and dip are also green! Last but not least, his entire mouth is green!! See how much we care about our world? How do YOU go green??

4 comments:

Britt said...

I finally caught on and left you a comment on your memory lane post. Just and FYI so you don't miss it. Have a great day!!

Vidal's Nest said...

Hey I don't have your email address so I am going to post a recipe here your kids will love for sunday dinner and it is super easy for you!
1 container of chive and onion cream cheese
1 Pkg regular cream cheese
1 lg cream of chicken soup or 2 small
1 pkg good seasons italian dressing mix (the Dry one)
combine all the above ingredients in a saucepan and cook until the cream cheeses are melted and the sauce is smoothe (this only takes about 5 min.)
Put bonless skinless frozen chicken tenders or breasts into crockpot. Cover with the sauce. Put on high before you go to church. cook rice. We usually do 3 c. rice to 1 1/2 c water.
After church is over, put chicken on a platter and add the rice to the sauce in the crockpot. Mix together well.
Sometimes I will put the rice on a platter and then put the chicken on top to look nicer for the table.
Anyhow~ I have yet to meet a child who doesn't love this. Make the rice before church. Or even the night before. When you get home you have a yummy meal and almost no clean up. My kids are carb junkies and love it with store bought rolls and a salad or broccoli. If fact~ It's what we are serving this Sunday!
I'll email you more easy recipes!

Vidal's Nest said...

Oops. Wrong amount for rice Ü We do 5 c. water to 3 C. rice. If you like it not such a dry rice do 6 c water to 3 c rice!

Cindy Price said...

I was wondering if Marshall had all the green because you were reading "Green Eggs and Ham"!!

Anyway I go green by using those reusable grocery bags at the grocery store!! I like how you guys went green!!!