Monday, July 28, 2008

Marshall's Obsession

This is Marshall:

Have you met him? Have you seen how he can NOT sit still for very long? Have you lived in the apartment underneath him and heard him jumping NON-STOP for so long and no matter what his Mom said he wouldn't stop so you had to come upstairs and invite him to come play with you? Have you seen how he just runs around like the Energizer Bunny?
Today he found something that will provide ENDLESS quiet entertainment to him. Meet the Busy Ball Popper.

Saturday, he found out that our downstairs neighbor has this toy. She got it down for him to play with. He played and played. He did not want to come home. Finally, we got him home. Sunday morning, the first words out of his mouth when he woke up were, "Can I go play with Hillary and Logan?" He didn't want to play with them, he wanted their Ball Popper. He finally did get a chance to play with that toy again and was so happy. I had a hard time getting him to come home. This morning, the first words out of his mouth when he woke up were, "Can I go play with that ball toy?" Later in the day, Hillary brought it outside for Marshall to play with. He laid down on his tummy on a blanket and played with that toy for probably 2 hrs. He just watched the balls go and was SO quiet. He never even moved unless he had to turn the toy back on or retrieve a ball that had popped out. THAT is rare my friends, very rare. When you find something that he obsesses about like that....WATCH OUT! He kept bawling and bawling because he wants that toy so bad and I told him he can't keep it because it's not his toy. His birthday is in October. October is SO far away.

6 comments:

Cindy Price said...

That is amazing!! How could such a simple toy keep Marshall so entertained??

MommyMert said...

My kids LOVE this toy also.. Everyone I know who has this toy LOVES it! I saw one the other day at DI. If I see another, I will get it for you. Its worth paying full price for. Maybe he needs a special Mommy & Marshall outing--and you can stop at the Wally World and pick one up. Why wait til Bday!!

Aprilyn said...

I wait till Bday cuz we don't have the money now. I could probably swing it at DI but not full price (though I agree, it's worth it). With having a car payment, we have to be MUCH more careful about what we spend our money on. :)

big8smiley said...

That is so cute! I can't believe that would hold his interest for so long. Maybe you have found a little niche of his.

heather said...

Awesome that you found something to help him sit still. Our kids also loved the Fisher Price and Parents gumball machines and any toys with hammering action. Separating them is the key here or the hammer gets used as a weapon. Great music by the way!

Aprilyn said...

Heather, everything here is a weapon to Marshall! I wish it wasn't so but I can't stop it. Must be a boy thing..