I've had a lot of people comment on my post about Marshall's test results from the UofU Autism Research Project. The big question from everyone is "Where do you go from there?" I'm wondering the same thing myself.
First, let me clarify something. Autism and Asperger's Syndrome are not the same thing. So, although we have ruled out Autism, we have not ruled out Aspgerger's Syndrome.
This website has a good definition of Asperger's Syndrome. Click on this link: Asperger's Syndrome
This website gives you a rundown of all th Autistic Spectrum Disorders: Understanding Autism
The most important thing to do is to get a proper diagnosis. This may prove difficult because Marshall is so young still. We are working on getting him a Neuropsychological Evaluation through the BYU Comprehensive Clinic. This means that a Grad student will do the eval but he will be under the supervision of the professors. I hope we get something out of this. It would be nice to quit guessing.
2 comments:
Best of luck! We still have conflicting daignoses and I've just decided to go with what I know and try the interventions to see what works. We will be praying for you. Summer is so much better though...kids can run wild outside!!!
I hope they are able to figure it out. It's nice to have a starting place!
Good luck!
Post a Comment