Monday, February 2, 2009

The Biggest Loser, Week 4= Frustration

I worked my tail off this week and I didn't lose even one pound!! Brian said don't obsess about the numbers. Yeah, easy for him to say. He lost 3 more lbs this week!! I have been eating less than 1,700 calories a day and doing aerobics every day except Sunday. True, I just started the new aerobics video Friday but I'm still annoyed. I also do 30 min of Yoga every night. I'm trying so hard to win this contest and I was hoping this week I'd pull ahead of everyone and make it hard for them to catch up. It's so frustrating and disappointing. I'm not giving up but I'm still upset.

10 comments:

Tristen said...

Water weight, Aprilyn! Don't forget how much a woman's body fluctuates, so just keep up with your program, exercise and drink TONS of water! You probably are on the downswing weight-wise but sometimes our bodies just don't show it on the scale. Seriously, take it from me, when I'm not pregnant I weigh myself every day just because I find it interesting and over the years I have learned the patterns of life! Plus or minus 3,4, even 5 pounds day in and day out. Keep it up and don't let the scale bother you!

Rhonda said...

Dont lose hope or give up Aprilyn. that is BEYOND frustrating when it's not paying off...push through it'll show up in a few days or at least by next week. And it could be twice as much by then! Certain timesof the month the scale won't show...push through!

RebeccaVert said...

You are doing great!!! dont give up!!!

Kaydee is 10 at the end of Feb. Zacky is 7 and Levi is 5

Cindy Price said...

Hang in there, Aprilyn. Use this to your benefit. If you would have lost weight you might have then not been so careful this week. You are doing a wonderful thing for your self and family by losing weight and being more healthy. I admire you for that!!

Lindsey said...

Hang in there! You are doing great! One thing that is important to remember is that muscle weighs more than fat. . . since you are working out and building muscle the numbers on the scale will not reflect total "fat loss." You might consider doing circumference measurements of different areas of your body (stomach, hips, thighs, arms). Sometimes you'll see inches come off instead of pounds. Stick with it, and I promise you will see results.

big8smiley said...

That is very frustrating, but that even happens on the show! Consistency is key. I really want you to win the contest, but if you remain consistent even throughout the frustrations you will come out ahead. I'm amazed at how diligent you are being with this contest. Just keep working hard! Also, maybe your body needs a few more healthy calories to let go of weight you don't want.

Kerry and Dave said...

Yes, don't give up! Did you know I'm a registered dietitian? I teach weight managment classes for a living. The key is to exercise at least 4-5 days a week no matter what -- make it a part of your routine and don't obsess about the numbers. And don't skip meals. Keep a food diary, as monotonous as that may sound. It really makes you focus on everything you eat and drink. Keep it up!

Kristin said...

Lot's of other great comments...keep up the good work. I need to follow your example...at least you are an inspiration, even if the scale didn't move!

Susan said...

You are doing great! I am still doing my biggest loser weight loss. Last week I didn't lose any weight, according to the scale I gained. I have been discouraged with it lately, but am still hanging in. I went to the daily plate website and was quite confused on how it all works, but I am going to give it another try. I enjoy reading how you are doing and how determined you are, it helps me to keep going!

Marshall is getting so big!

Jan said...

Hey Aprilyn!! What a great blog! Your family picture is awesome. You are such a MOM--full-time, no breaks and all that fun stuff!! I'm proud of you for the diet thing. Don't get frustrated. It takes a lot of time and one day you'll look in the mirror and be amazed. You said something about stopping by but not the day. I would love to see you all. but I'm gone a lot. I'm working 2 jobs right now and making daily visits to the nursing home to see my dad. Let me know what day and I'll try to be here. Love ya!!!!!