Thursday, February 12, 2009

No Karate For Us

We had our 2 trial classes with the instructor. He wouldn't give us a price until the 2nd day, which really bugged me. He got Nate's hopes up and then they were crushed. The price is $120 PER KID!!! That is so out of control!! There was NO WAY we can afford that. In the meantime, I think we will sign Nate up for the class at the Orem Fitness Center. As for Marshall, maybe gymnastics?? Maybe nothing. I don't know if it's worth the money for my kid to not want to listen to the instructor or do what he is supposed to be doing because he's playing "pretend Toontown." He is a little, OK a lot distracted. He kept trying to tell the instructor about how he was a cog, or about the gags, or whatever. My main man Marshall was not at all interested in what the instructor had to say. That's not really a big surprise though. They get to keep the uniform (which Nate loves but Marshall does not). Seriously, $120?!!?! WHY?!?! Grrr...

5 comments:

RebeccaVert said...

Thats why we never signed them up for it.....UNBELIEVABLY priced!!!!!

MommyMert said...

My Brother used to teach.. was that per month per kid? I can find out what it was at his studio.

Aprilyn said...

That was $120 per month PER KID. NO freaking way we're doing that! We wouldn't have money for rent or food!!

Melanie Lutz said...

I know Karate can be a huge burden!!! Continuing Education through the high schools are a good way to go. Or maybe the community center? Sorry!!!!

big8smiley said...

That is the sweet justice of blogs. You get to tell the world just how much it costs BEFORE we invest the time and high hopes of our kids by attending the 2 "trial" lessons. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I'm sure you'll find something that better fits your bill!