We had Parent/Teacher conferences at Nate's school tonight. He got his report card (they now call them progress reports. Maybe that makes the kids feel better about themselves). He got straight A's!! No surprise really. He always gets straight A's. The only things he needs to work on are not blurting out answers, paying attention during math, and not skipping over words he doesn't know when he's reading. He does so great (with Concerta). We had a reminder as to why he is on meds for ADHD. On Tuesday, I got out his pills at breakfast and told him to take them. He was doing his little "I'm too weak to open the bottle in the morning" thing. Yeah, annoying. He dropped his Concerta bottle in the syrup. So, he had to go wash it off. We again told him to take his meds but apparently, he forgot. When he came home from school, he told me he got in trouble a lot at school for talking and making noise and laughing. He told us he wasn't even doing anything. Uh-huh. Yeah, I almost believe him. NOT. After school, he kept bugging Marshall. I mean REALLY bugging him. Marshall HATES it when people get in his face. Without fail, he ALWAYS screams and hits Nate when he does that. Someday he's gonna remember that, right? Please?! Nate was also bouncing off the walls, and had to be told 5 times and threatened with being grounded from the computer for a week, before he FINALLY came to dinner. At dinner, he made wierd noises, played around, and wouldn't keep eating. ARRGH! It was then that Brian made the connection. "You didn't take your meds this morning, did you Nate?" Nate just said, "I don't know." Either you did or you didn't buddy. And the results are.....he didn't. There is no way he took Concerta and was STILL that out of control after school. I'll just say we were VERY ready to put him to bed that night. When Nate is out of control, Marshall is more out of control and more angry and violent. Not a fun day.
Today was much better! I gave him the meds when I woke him up this morning. As a reward for doing so great in school, Brian decided to take us out to eat at Golden Corrall. That was great and all but we finally realized at 5:50pm that we had completely spaced that it was Thursday and Nate had missed Scouts. DANG IT!! Thursdays are just so insane at my house. I have so much going on those days but I can't believe I forgot Scouts. I'm the Cubmaster for goodness sake!!! We better remember next week. I swear, sometimes I feel like my brain is in a fog. Could that be from lack of sleep? Marshall hasn't been sleeping well at all!!! He cried out more than 6 times last night. I'm so tired.
3 comments:
That's great about the straight A's. Keep it up Nate. How's scouts going?
Great job on the grades NATE!!! woohoo!
Aprilyn, looks like you're spread thin enough it's time to get a calendar and write EVERYTHING down on it, check it 10 million times a day, and try not to beat yourself up when you still forget something (oh wait, that's me!) anyway, my calendar really does keep me in line better. But really...family time is worth missing scouts once in a while. :)
Bummer you missed scouts, but it sounds like you got a much-needed break! You can't be perfect. I'm glad Brian took you out. :)
Post a Comment