Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Favorite New Christmas Music

I absolutely LOVE Michael McLean's Forgotten Carols. I've loved it since I got the book MANY years ago. We're talking probably 1992. Nathan would say that's an eternity. He's only 9...10 years is an eternity to him! I have seen this performed live twice in my life but I never could afford to sit close enough to really see much. Now it's out on DVD and I can see everything!! Nathan and I watched it twice on our way home from Prescott, Arizona yesterday. I'm still singing the songs today.

I just bought the CD Mary's Lullaby: Christmas Songs for Bedtime. I LOVE IT! It is so quiet and peaceful and the baby pictured on the CD cover is really cute! Ok, so the cute cover isn't why I like it but you just have to hear it. I will have to ask the expert bloggers to help me figure out how to make it so you can hear the songs on my blog. I have NO CLUE.

3 comments:

Hillcrest 4th Ward Emergency Preparedness said...

I discovered that last year and really love the music. I have never seen the live performance but would love to. Maybe you would let me borrow it for 24 hours sometime? I will guard it with my life. I also need to bring your book back to you.

Aprilyn said...

I guess I could part with it for 24 hrs...MAYBE! LOL!! Actually, Brian might appreciate it if I didn't watch it ALL the time. :) I want him to watch it before I lend it out but I will let you borrow it before Christmas. I'm telling you...you're gonna want to buy it!

P.S. I can't wait to hear what you think of the book.

Megan said...

I remember seeing it live when i was probably 12 years old it was amazing! I also love that music and could listen to it again and again! I will have to look into getting the DVD, thank you for sharing!