Sunday, November 4, 2007

My special treat for the day

I made this cute turkey for an appetizer today. We went to Jeff and Amy's house (Jeff is my older brother) for dinner and to celebrate my boys' birthdays. I should have taken a picture of my turkey but this is what it looked like. Ok, so this one looks better but mine didn't look half bad!! I love doing fun things like this. One suggestion if you try this project....use Velveeta cheese or something else soft. I used cheddar and it was cracking and falling off the skewers.

We had a great time at Jeff and Amy's place. We almost had our whole family together. We were only missing Emily and Ryan. I love watching the little cousins play together. We watched some old family videos of our family reunions when I was about 8 or so. We had such great times with our cousins!! I'm so glad our kids get the chance to spend time with their cousins.

4 comments:

Cindy Price said...

Now, that is very cool!! I would love to know how to do that!! Where did you find the directions???

Aprilyn said...

You can get the directions, plus tons more cool stuff on http://www.familyfun.go.com . They have such awesome ideas!!!

Pam's Place said...

Aprilyn, Just found your comment on my blog and wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm new to blogging and having great fun reading others.

We're practically neighbors! Amazing to learn that you are from Toledo. How long ago did you leave there? Were your parents members there?

I'm so excited for you to be called as Cub Master. I don't have sons (and only one daughter), but I am a big believer in Scouting. I serve in the Primary presidency in our ward over the Cubs, so I get to go to Pack Meetings, and Cub Committee Meetings, and our Cub Master is one of my best friends in the ward -- her name is Cindy, by the way.

I love your blog. I'll be back often.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hi, I followed the link from Pam's blog. The turkey was darling. I may have to make one--not this year though, it takes me a while to mull things over.

Thanks for the link to Family fun. Isn't blogging fun? It's my new hobby--reading blogs. My hubby wishes my new hobby would be dinner!