Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nathan's "Out of this world" birthday party







We did a space theme for Nathan's birthday and he LOVED it! I made planets and hung out of Styrofoam balls, covered them with colored Saran Wrap and put glow in the dark stickers on them. I put a string of white Christmas lights up in the living room and Brian put glow in the dark stars all over the walls. I also painted a big Styrofoam ball with yellow glow-in-the-dark paint and hung it up by my piano. I made a game called "Comet Toss" that is kind of like darts. The above pictures are of all the aliens who invaded my home on the night of November 16, 2007. Funny, they look a lot like 8 yr old boys...
Don't my decorations look cool??? I was very proud of my accomplishment. It took a lot of work but it was totally worth it. Nathan had a great time!

9 comments:

Mom of 3 boys said...

Looks like that was a cool party! Very creative...I am not that creative, but wish I was.

Mom of 3 boys said...

you have been tagged again

Aprilyn said...

NOOO!!! Not again!! I don't want to be tagged. I've been tagged TWICE now. Oh man.... :-)

Mom of 3 boys said...

Sorry....you don't have to if you don't want too......

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

have fun at choir practice, I'm sure the chorister wouldn't mind your jammies.

the party looks like a blast! you are a fun family! tell the big boy happy birthday from mary poppins.

Aprilyn said...

LOL. I'm sure the choir director wouldn't have minded but choir practice is in the chapel so I hurried. :)

And no worries Mom of 3 boys. I'll do it again. It's fun to get to know you guys. I've got so many new people to add to my friends blog link.

Cindy Price said...

Impressive party!! The boys look like they had a blast!!!

Pam's Place said...

How appropriate for the Creator to be in the middle of it all!

Aprilyn said...

I agree. Not that I did it on purpose but I should have!! Christ is The Creator.