So, after getting a few hours of sleep last night, Marshall (and frankly me too) was very cranky. I finally put him in his swing around 11:45am because I couldn't take his screaming anymore. I swung him for about 45 minutes and then he said he was ready for bed. We laid down in my bed and the next thing I know I woke up at around 2:30pm. Nathan and Brian had gone to get haircuts and it was so nice to be able to sleep. I need more sleep!!!!! I'm so exhausted and so tired of Marshall waking up all the time. If you plan to leave a comment for me and try to tell me how I should just let him cry it out and it's MY fault he won't sleep, kindly keep those comments to yourself. I've been dealing with this for 3 yrs now. Something isn't quite right with Marshall but someday we'll have an answer. Maybe it won't be until after we die but someday we'll know. Until then, we press forward one step at a time. Or, in the words of BOB in one of my Uncle Mack's favorite movies, "baby steps". We'll get there eventually...zzZZZzzzz.....
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Someday Marshall will sleep through the night
So, after getting a few hours of sleep last night, Marshall (and frankly me too) was very cranky. I finally put him in his swing around 11:45am because I couldn't take his screaming anymore. I swung him for about 45 minutes and then he said he was ready for bed. We laid down in my bed and the next thing I know I woke up at around 2:30pm. Nathan and Brian had gone to get haircuts and it was so nice to be able to sleep. I need more sleep!!!!! I'm so exhausted and so tired of Marshall waking up all the time. If you plan to leave a comment for me and try to tell me how I should just let him cry it out and it's MY fault he won't sleep, kindly keep those comments to yourself. I've been dealing with this for 3 yrs now. Something isn't quite right with Marshall but someday we'll have an answer. Maybe it won't be until after we die but someday we'll know. Until then, we press forward one step at a time. Or, in the words of BOB in one of my Uncle Mack's favorite movies, "baby steps". We'll get there eventually...zzZZZzzzz.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, I'm so glad that you had dinosaur pillow cases to use. I wonder if there are some pillowcases out there with some great big ZZZZZZ's on them. Or how about some sheep. LOL Let's see what else is a symbol for sleep??? Nice big fluffy clouds, now that would be nice to sleep on. If only the problem could be fixed that easy!!
Marshall's prayer about the pillowcases is so sweet.
Hang in there Aprilyn.
hugs,
Cindy
I wish I had words of wisdom for you also, Aprilyn. I don't. Isn't it always "One Day at a Time?" Even if I wanted to spout off how much better each year gets...but then last night my 9 year old had the sleep-walking terror to end all terrors. Last year was definitely better for her. lol Oh well. She didn't have a dinosaur pillowcase, but she had her stuffed cat, Shadow.
Thanks ladies. You are both such good friends. We just take it one day at a time and when that's not enough, it's one hour at a time. We had a better night Saturday after giving him Melatonin earlier. Then he slept with us for part of the night last night. I think he has nightmares a lot. Oh and Suz...I HATE those sleep terrors! They are so bad huh?!
Bless your little sleep deprived heart. When one of my children was little he wet the bed. We bought a monitor and it woke us up every night--some times multiple times and I thought I'd go crazy. (I even wrote a blog about it.) Now he's grown and married and it's funny. (I wrote a blog about that too--stress plus time equals humor) But it was NOT funny for a LONG, LONG TIME. Good luck. I understand. I really do.
Post a Comment