HEARTY BEEF STEW
2 lbs beef chuck, cut in cubes (I just get 2 lbs of stew meat)
2 tablespoons shortening (When making it in a crock pot, I don't use this)
4 cups water
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic (I usually add a bit more because we love garlic)
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar (I omitted this once because my sister doesn't eat sugar)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional and since I'm the odd Grubbs kid, I leave it out)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 bay leaves
Dash of allspice
6 carrots, cut in quarters
1/2 pound small white onions (I have never actually used these. I just use extra onions)
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup flour (I normally use this but my Mother-in-Law does and she likes making a little thicker!)
Brown your stew meat on all sides. You don't have to cook it too much..maybe just 15 min. or so. Just till it's brown on all sides.
Put the water in the crockpot and add everything. Cut up your carrots and potatoes small enough that they will cook. Add your meat last.
I usually make it on Sundays. I get it all in the crockpot before church at 11am and turn it on high for about 4 hrs. You can cook it on low for longer if you get it done earlier.
2 tablespoons shortening (When making it in a crock pot, I don't use this)
4 cups water
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic (I usually add a bit more because we love garlic)
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar (I omitted this once because my sister doesn't eat sugar)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional and since I'm the odd Grubbs kid, I leave it out)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 bay leaves
Dash of allspice
6 carrots, cut in quarters
1/2 pound small white onions (I have never actually used these. I just use extra onions)
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup flour (I normally use this but my Mother-in-Law does and she likes making a little thicker!)
Brown your stew meat on all sides. You don't have to cook it too much..maybe just 15 min. or so. Just till it's brown on all sides.
Put the water in the crockpot and add everything. Cut up your carrots and potatoes small enough that they will cook. Add your meat last.
I usually make it on Sundays. I get it all in the crockpot before church at 11am and turn it on high for about 4 hrs. You can cook it on low for longer if you get it done earlier.
Chili -recipe by Brian Bucklein
1 lb ground beef
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
2 pkgs chili flavoring
Brown the ground beef. In the crock pot add the pinto and kidney beans. Drain the black beans before adding. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, then mix in chili seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hrs or so. I don't really know how long we cook it because it all depends on when we want to eat it. Since the beans are canned, you're not really waiting for them to cook. The longer you cook this, the more flavorful it is.
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
2 pkgs chili flavoring
Brown the ground beef. In the crock pot add the pinto and kidney beans. Drain the black beans before adding. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, then mix in chili seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hrs or so. I don't really know how long we cook it because it all depends on when we want to eat it. Since the beans are canned, you're not really waiting for them to cook. The longer you cook this, the more flavorful it is.
1 comment:
Thanks for the recipes Aprilyn, I printed them and wil try them soon. I also googled crockpot recipes and tons came up so I'm going to try some of those and see if my kids will eat them, ultimately thats all that matters. ;)
Post a Comment