Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Need Halloween Help!!!

Nathan still has no idea what he wants to be for Halloween. He likes Batman but can't be that or a kid at school will make fun of him. He thought it would be cool to be "Math Man" but that same kid will make fun of him. It's so sad that a boy in 3rd grade is so worried about what others think! What can I do? I need advice. Is it only cool to be someone like "Captain Jack Sparrow" or other movie characters from movies my child isn't even allowed to watch? Does anyone have a Halloween costume idea?

3 comments:

big8smiley said...

Yes! My advice is, tell him to buck up and go as a princess. :) LOL!

I can't believe it's even an issue that he can't dress up because someone will make fun of him. Have him go as a farmer or something. Or, go get those tattoo arms and send him as a real tough guy. Good luck! I hope it turns out fun despite the snotty rude kid.

Cindy Price said...

David apparently is just wearing a shirt that says "this is MY costume"!!! What a cop out!! It's something I would do. LOL

We are going to a Halloween Party at a friends house tomorrow night. We are still trying to figure out costumes. I'll post pictures.

Nathan, I think you should dress up in whatever makes you happy and do NOT worry about what anybody thinks!!! I bet your parents could help you think of a funny come back if someone teases you.

lacey said...

Hi Aprilyn-
It's Lacey... friend of the Grubb's in Kentucky. You know, my kids are still young enough that I try and make them a "group" costume. But my oldest is 6 and I am certain he will get the hang of me and want to be an "independent" costume soon. Then I will be doomed. I think I need to be better about letting them choose and make choices. For next year ;) (I'll try)

As for the Signing Time. No, it is not on TV here. I have several cousins that are sisters that swear by them. So, I "inherited" a few. I will have to try the baby signing time. Thanks for the advise!