Friday, October 5, 2007
Pack Meeting is over...for this month anyway
I had my 2nd pack meeting last night. I felt like it was a complete flop but everyone said they had fun. I just made the mistake of trying to help the boys earn their Math belt loop and I didn't have enough rulers or anything. It's frustrating for me to work so hard and feel like it's a failure. The Pack Committee Chair said that's just how Cubmasters think. I don't get a break now because it's time to start planning for next month's pack meeting. I'm hoping they will call an Assistant for me soon. It's a great job and I love working with the boys but it's hard when Marshall is running around out of control and hitting people. He had a huge fit and one of the moms took him outside. He was SOOOO upset. After that, he just wanted my attention all the time and was angry at the boys who got my attention. Thankfully, Brian is not having class for my next 2 pack meetings so he can keep Marshall at home. It's hard with any 2 yr old, let alone one with sensory problems. Oh well, it's over now. I just wish I felt like it was a success. I'll just have to keep trying. If anyone reading this has any ideas for this new Cubmaster, I would love to hear them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, what a job! We were in cub scouts leading the Webelos and I always admired the cubmasters and what they put together. It's hard when you are the one in charge because it's so hard to maintain control with that many little boys in a gym anyway. The good thing is, most of them don't know the difference really if they actually do what you had planned or if they run around for the evening. Even if it feels to you like it was a big flop, they probably still had a good time!
With as much work as it sounds like you are putting in, I'm sure you will reap your reward. :) And yes, two-year-old boys are insane. I sometimes have to just tell myself two things, first, it won't last forever so enjoy it now - and second, THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
Wow! Webelos leaders! How awesome! I just wish our Webelos leaders had actually been at pack meeting!! I advanced a new boy to Webelos and they weren't there to greet him. When it was time for the Pack Planning Meeting, only one person showed up from the committee. It's so hard to do this on my own! I'm thinking of calling everyone to remind them of planning meeting and basically BEG for help!!! :)
Post a Comment