Monday, October 8, 2007

General Conference was wonderful


What I heard of it anyway. Yes, being the parent of young boys, I had a hard time hearing all the time but they were actually really good considering how hyper my boys get. There were so many wonderful talks filled with things I need to work on. One thing that really hit home for me is the talk about KNOWING that you know. Really knowing you actually have a testimony. I can't say that I have actually worked at having my own testimony. I've never doubted anything but I've also never worked at gaining a testimony so I can feel that burning inside me and say "I KNOW these things are true." I also want to work on keeping a journal of the blessings in my life. I want to be aware of god's hand in my life.

I was also very touched by the talk that this man gave..Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. He stood at the pulpit and delivered his talk even though he seems so weak. He started shaking so bad that it looked as if he would pass out right there. Elder Russell M. Nelson came and stood behind him steadying him. Could Elder Wirthlin just have sat down and had Elder Nelson finish delivering his talk? Probably, but he didn't. He finished his talk. What a great man! What does that tell me? His talk must have been really important. It was on loving our neighbor as ourself. I'm going to go back and read that one again. Actually, I plan to listen to it all again. I plan to do as President Gordon B. Hinkley admonished and use the talks for Family Home Evening lessons. I want to help strengthen the faith of my children. Isn't Conference wonderful??!

No comments: