
I am grateful for music. I play the piano and it is my favorite way to de-stress myself. I also love to sing. I have taught my boys to sing as well. Today the boys and about 7 other kids sang 2 songs in Sacrament Meeting (the main meeting at Church). I could hear Nathan's strong voice singing out perfectly on key and occasionally I could hear my darling 3 yr old's voice. He knew every word to those songs and they weren't the easiest words either! The kids sang "The Hearts of the Children" and "Family History, I Am Doing It". When Marshall sang "I learn stories of my progenitors..." he wowed the whole ward. He was the youngest kid up there by at least 2, if not 3 yrs! WAY TO GO NATHAN AND MARSHALL!! It was a proud Momma day.
8 comments:
AWESOME!
You are truly your mother's daughter. I'm sure your children have beautiful voices and music will always be an important part of your family life.
Did you happen to see Extreme Home Makeover last week about the blind boy in a wheelchair who was so gifted musically? This was the main bond between him and his father. Music truly has the power to heal and inspire.
My life would not be the same without music in it. It truly is such a great blessing!
Judy, you couldn't have given me a higher compliment than that I think.
Heather-Nope, I didn't see that Home Makeover but I totally know how wonderful music is. In the car, we always have classical music playing. I used to hate it but now as I raise Marshall, I see how important it is. It's very relaxing and does help him settle down in the car.
what a great talent to have AND to pass on to your children! I am one of those that will have to rely on others (like you) to teach those things to my children. So your blessing leads me to a blessing of being grateful for people like you! Who have that talent and can teach it to others!
I wish it were recorded so you could play it over and over. I can almost hear them. Thank you for teaching the children so they can teach the children so they...
Good job boys! And mom for teaching them....
Post a Comment