Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blue and Gold Ideas

My friend Paige asked me to post some of my Blue and Gold Banquet ideas.
The Wolf Den made paper lanterns and dragon masks. I really wish I had a picture of all of them because they looked so cool. I covered the door to the gym with red butcher paper and then drew a dragon on yellow so that each door had a yellow dragon over the red. It was cool. Then we made table lanterns out of Popsicle sticks painted blue glued to wax paper. I put a die cut of the scout symbol in the middle and if we had been allowed to, I would have put a tea candle inside. We had to use glow sticks instead which didn't show up all that great. I borrowed a Chinese robe from a friend and painted my face to look like Mulan from the Disney movie. The kids were pretty excited about that. We had TONS of awards and I was really happy that the boys have been working so hard. This month, I didn't do anything really creative with the awards because I didn't have time. Last month for the meeting all about cars I drove the awards in on a remote control car. I would have brought them in with a dragon parade but I didn't have time to make a dragon. Darn it! We had 2 Webelos scouts who earned their Arrow of Light so we had a fun ceremony involving painting their face. What boy doesn't love that?! So, there ya go. That's a quick rundown of everything I did. We had Hawaiian Haystacks for the dinner and had WAAAAAAAY too much rice leftover. We planned on 120 people but I think we had closer to 140. It was a great night!

4 comments:

LJ said...

Great job! I am so glad you are sharing your ideas with us- especially when my boys get to be in scouts. It sounds like it was a big success- no doubt with your creativity and talent! Hope all is well! Love the new pictures of the kids...

Aprilyn said...

Ty will LOVE scouts Lynn. It's the best thing ever for boys I think. Nathan loves it! There are belt loops and other awards you can get for playing sports even! Cool huh?! I'm glad you like the new pictures. I think they turned out really well. We had them done at a new place called Portrait Innovations. It's in the Riverwoods in Provo.

Paige said...

Great ideas. So creative. You had a lot of people there too! I bet you're relieved you don't have to worry about it for another year.

Oh, and I got Natalia's two year old pics taken at Portrait Innovations. I spent way too much there but all of the pictures came out so cute and they were great with her.

Aprilyn said...

Paige, we have 2 wards combined so that's why we had so many people. There aren't enough Cub Scouts in just our ward alone.