Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Church Must Go On..


Yesterday there was a press conference in which the new President and Prophet of our church was named. President Thomas S. Monson will serve as our new Prophet. What a wonderful man he is! I've always enjoyed listening to him speak. He will carry forward where President Hinckley left off and lead this church strong. His counselors are Henry B. Eyring, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I watched these men take questions from the press and it was wonderful to see the bond between them. They deeply care for one another. They have worked together for a long time. It was fun to watch their smiles and laughter too. Isn't it great that our leaders remember to laugh? They are serious when they need to be but they also have times when they laugh. I love it!
Last night we had a Family Home Evening lesson about the new Prophet. After the lesson, Brian asked Marshall who the new Prophet was and he found the picture of Thomas S. Monson. Then Brian asked him who the new counselors were. Marshall rummaged through the pictures and found Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtdorf. Pretty amazing for a 3 yr old I think! Marshall looked at the picture of President Gordon B. Hinckley and said "He died. He lives in the Spirit World now." I love moments like these. They make you feel like you really ARE on the right track!

3 comments:

big8smiley said...

We had that same FHE lesson last night! :) I love to see kids get interested in learning the things about the church. That's cute that Marshall remembered so well. Hopefully the lesson had a great impact on him. I was quizzing our girls this morning on what we learned last night and they still remembered and were excited about it.

Amy said...

Such a cute picture of all of them smiling. Thank you for these words. Isn't FHE the best with littles?!

Matilda said...

That was my FAVORITE picture!