
Today Marshall was almost dry when he got home from school so I had him go potty. Then after lunch (which he didn't eat), he was acting funny. I had Brian take him potty. They were back there for a long time and then I heard Brian yell "It's a MIRACLE!!" Marshall went poop on the potty for the first time!! WooooHooo! I'm so excited! Yeah, we've still got a REALLY long way to go but that's such an improvement!
6 comments:
Aprilyn,I have a 2nd grader with the same trouble. He's been really angry and argumentative lately. I have him back in therapy for a refresher on what he learned from her last year. I don't remember this age being so filled with angst but this is a different world than when I was a kid. Raising kids is harder now so being a kid has to be a lot harder. I don't have any words of wisdom but just know that you are not alone.
Dawn
YEAH....potty training success....
And as far as school..unfortunately it only gets harder...have you ever thought about putting him into therapy..it might work...and look at it this way..it won't hurt///good luck, you know I am always here if you want to talk...I know where you are coming from...
Lots of love
Kim
Yeah, for Marshall going potty!! That is exciting, I hope he keeps it up!!
I couldn't get him to go again later but oh well.
As for Nathan, we started him in therapy last week. This is the 4th time we've tried and never had good results because we haven't found a really good therapist. I think this time we found a good one. She is getting a PhD in clinical psychology and she specializes in helping kids w/ Asperger's Syndrome and their families. Since we're pretty sure Marshall has Asperger's, this seems like the perfect therapist for Nathan.
One tiny step for Marshall. One giant leap for all the Buckleins!
One tiny step for Marshall. One giant leap for all the Buckleins!
Post a Comment