Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What is that Mom?



I took the boys with me to Smiths for a quick grocery run. While there, I remembered Valentines Day is coming up and I have to get something for the boys' classes. I picked a few up and some candy and headed for the checkout line. Nathan kept saying "What is that Mom?" It took me a while to figure out that he was referring to the Valentines. OHHHH. He has never seen me buy Valentines before because we've always made his. In Kindergarten we made little gnomes out of Hershey's Kisses with googly eyes and felt hats. I think this year we also made lips for the girls and mustaches for the boys out of craft foam (pink and red for the girls, brown for the boys). Then we punched a hole through the middle and put a sucker through. The kids loved sucking on their suckers with big lips and mustaches. It was cute. Then in 1st grade we made little glasses. They were heart shaped and made from craft foam. The sides of the glasses (ok I WEAR glasses so I should know the technical term for these) was made from twisted pipe cleaners. They looked cute. This year I just don't have time so the boys are taking regular old boring Valentines to school. I'm bummed. I wish I could do the glasses again because they were my favorite but I just don't have time.

*********EDIT**************************************
I got my ideas from Family Fun

2 comments:

Tristen said...

Those ideas are GREAT!! I'll have to keep them in mind in the future! Luckily if Avery was talking already she would be saying, "What is that mom?" but she would be referring to Valentines Day. Next year maybe...

Mom of 3 boys said...

Wow, what a thoughful kid..and you have some great ideas...I hope you have a great valentines day.